Re: How Do We Know?

Sujet : Re: How Do We Know?
De : nospam (at) *nospam* example.net (D)
Groupes : talk.politics.guns
Date : 28. Apr 2024, 12:02:27
On Sat, 27 Apr 2024, Anonymous wrote:

X, formerly known as "!Jones" wrote:
Definition:
A *finder of fact* shall be defined as an impartial panel of one or
more persons designated by the legislative process and sworn under
oath of office to appraise and publish as a public record the facts
underlying a particular event or legal matter.  A finder of fact
employs the scientific method

...which is incapable of being the sole arbiter of truth. Even when
used properly, it can't even produce consistent scientific evidence.

Ahh yes "fact checkers" so much nonsense. Facts work in the realm of science along with the scientific method, _over time_.
The idea that we will have a panel that decides what is true, instantly, especially in such fields as individual values, politics, culture, is naive and laughable.
In terms of values, which we use to interpret events, ideas, ideologies etc. philosophy has not managed to reach a conclusion in 3000 years. Paid ideologues will of course not make a better job of it.