Re: How Do We Know?

Sujet : Re: How Do We Know?
De : anon (at) *nospam* anon.net (Anonymous)
Groupes : talk.politics.guns
Date : 01. May 2024, 05:37:36
X, formerly known as "!Jones" wrote:
On Sat, 27 Apr 2024 17:57:20 -0400, in talk.politics.guns Anonymous
<anon@anon.net> wrote:

X, formerly known as "!Jones" wrote:
Definition:
A *finder of fact* shall be defined as an impartial panel of one or
more persons designated by the legislative process and sworn under
oath of office to appraise and publish as a public record the facts
underlying a particular event or legal matter.  A finder of fact
employs the scientific method

...which is incapable of being the sole arbiter of truth. Even when
used properly, it can't even produce consistent scientific evidence.
 Over simplifying a bit: The scientific method of hypothesis testing
means assuming the hypothesis is false, then working to reject that
assumption.  It is the basis for scientific thought and our legal
system.
The legal system is not based on the scientific method. In court,
scientific evidence is considered less reliable than eyewitness
and documentary evidence.