Re: Do you remember before the Internet...,

Sujet : Re: Do you remember before the Internet...,
De : maximusheadroom (at) *nospam* gmx.com (max headroom)
Groupes : talk.politics.guns
Date : 02. Jun 2024, 07:42:58
In news:ekdi5jp9nut092por95nt8nsbu3b0a43f0@4ax.com, X, formerly known as
"!Jones" <x@y.com> typed:

I don't know it to be a fact, but I hope it holds: once he's hit,
he'll go down in flames quickly.  To be honest, I wasn't expecting a
guilty verdict.  I was my belief that this was the weakest of the
cases against him.  Since getting nailed here, he's likely toast if
Jan. 6, 2021 ever goes to trial.

But, then... we'd best be sure to drive a wooden stake through his
heart.  I've written him off several times.  I didn't think he had a
chance after Access Hollywood, but I grossly under estimated the
stupidity of his followers.

Biden should ignore him and let him dig is own grave.  I think he
would.

"It's the last Friday in May during an election year and whether Americans know
it or not, they woke up this morning in a nation different than it was the day
before.

"A former U.S. president - and the Republican Party's all-but-certain nominee
for president this November - now stands convicted of vague crimes by a
Democratic Party jury on charges brought by a Democratic Party prosecutor
overseen by a plainly hostile Democratic Party judge....

"This much is obvious, at least to me: By bringing such a dubious criminal case
against a former president, the Democrats have now openly criminalized public
policy differences. This is a dangerous game. It hardly transfigures Trump into
Nelson Mandela, an unwise comparison Trump likes to invoke himself. Liberals
also bristle at a more current analogy with Trump as Alexei Navalny, the Russian
opposition leader exiled, imprisoned, and murdered by Russian authorities on
phony charges, presumably on orders from Vladimir Putin.

"Democrats would say the comparison offends them because Navalny was a heroic
figure and Donald Trump is a menace to society. This view is sincerely held, for
sure. But I suspect something else makes Democrats uneasy: Deep down many of
them know that they've weaponized the criminal justice system in a way that is
unhealthy for a republic; that they've undermined their own plot line about
'saving democracy'; and that in their zeal to get Trump, Democratic Party
leaders and millions of rank-and-file Democrats alike have all indulged their
inner Vladimir Putin...."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2024/05/31/democratic_principles_and_the_spirit_of_free_institutions_151034.html