Come On, Goppers... You Gotta Have Something Better!

Sujet : Come On, Goppers... You Gotta Have Something Better!
De : x (at) *nospam* y.com (X, formerly known as \"!Jones\")
Groupes : talk.politics.guns
Date : 03. Jun 2024, 18:33:38
I am not affiliated with any political party.  I didn't think that Joe
Biden was a particularly strong presidential candidate in 2000, and
his performance in office since then has lacked any distinction...
either good or bad.  Big yawn... "'nuther day older and deeper in
debt", as the song goes.

The Republicans talk about how *bad* Joe Biden is... and he simply
isn't.  The economy is doing pretty well.  Joe has his good points and
weak ones, also.  I mean, he beats a poke in the eye with a sharp
stick, but that doesn't make an impressive campaign slogan.

And so... you want change and really need to get me on board with
you... AND THE *BEST* YOU HAVE IS DONALD TRUMP!?!?  Are you fucking
serious?

look at it like this: the GOP nominates *anybody* else (Nikki Haley?)
and you can spin the campaign as a referendum on Joe Biden.  If you
just *must* have the Donald, the campaign becomes a referendum only on
Donald Trump... and that's a big loser.  The Donald ain't the place to
plant yer flag, girls!

If you run with the Donald, he mobilizes *every* Democrat and every
independent (like me).  The not-Trump wing of the GOP stays home and
you lose at the polls.

Go with a moderate.  Trump will be an albatross around your party's
neck, and I'd prefer to have two functioning parties.  As it is, the
Democrats can run second-rate, mediocre candidates and still have a
50/50 hope of winning.