Re: Convention of States

Sujet : Re: Convention of States
De : me4guns (at) *nospam* verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net (Scout)
Groupes : talk.politics.guns soc.culture.usa
Date : 11. Jul 2024, 17:14:35
"Howard S. Hong" <howardhong289@gmail.nospam.com> wrote in message news:tCqdnY33icL_Fxj7nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@supernews.com...

The power of the Federal government tends to grow without limits. An Article V Convention of States would call for a Constitutional Amendment for term limits on Senators and Congressmen. This would make Congress more accountable to the voters.

Please sign the petition at www.conventionofstates.com to call for an Article V Convention of States to limit the power of the Federal government.
Sounds good, but one should approach such a convention with caution.
After all last time we had such a convention the whole system was eliminated and a new one installed.
Not saying we don't need one.. but we just have to remember once we pull the pin on that.. we have no control over the outcome.