Sounds like the Democrats pulled fast one!

Sujet : Sounds like the Democrats pulled fast one!
De : x (at) *nospam* y.com (X, formerly known as \"!Jones\")
Groupes : talk.politics.guns
Date : 30. Jul 2024, 20:44:27
I have no first-hand information; however, they did *exactly* as I
thought they would do:

First: Joe punts the debate.  (I expected him to grasp his chest with
an expression of pain, but that worked better, actually.)  Yeah, he is
getting long in the tooth, but he's not *that* bad.

Second: the Dems all make a big show of panic.  Joe declares that he's
staying in the race come hell or high water!

Third: the GOP has their convention and the Donald chooses Vance... a
good call, if he's running against Joe Biden.

And then: *SURPRISE* Goppers!  It's the old, tried & true chess move
known as: "Knee to corner of board", but we don't reset the clocks!!!
This leaves the Donald stuck with Vance and Kamala still has her
options.  Technically, she has to choose by convention (I guess those
are the rules), but, so what if she breaks the Democrats' rules? ...
she's a Democrat!  What'll they do?  Censure her?

I dunno whether they had it planned all along; however, if they
didn't, they should have!

("But... but... but... what about all those poor Democrats who had
their primary votes negated!  Won't they lose faith in their party and
the democratic process?")  If those poor Democrats who didn't get
their primary votes counted don't like it, they can eat my shorts...
or switch parties, I suppose!