Re: US Dollar Index - New 52 Week Low

Sujet : Re: US Dollar Index - New 52 Week Low
De : me4guns (at) *nospam* verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net (Scout)
Groupes : talk.politics.guns
Date : 19. Sep 2024, 19:33:24
"pyotr filipivich" <phamp@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:argoejd8d3a4pqi6n1u4kmn8bpo5qr6e9l@4ax.com...
Let the Record show that "Scout"
<me4guns@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> on or about Wed, 18 Sep
2024 10:15:52 -0500 did write, type or otherwise cause to appear in
talk.politics.guns the following:
"kami" <f00@0f0.00f> wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Sep 2024 11:58:57 -0500, Scout wrote:
"John Smyth" <smythlejon2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
FJB
'US Dollar Index - New 52 Week Low'

<https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/@DX.1>

'Monday - 8:55 AM PST - US Dollar trading at 100.47 - 100 is considered
neutral - Above 100 is considered strength - Below 100 is considered
weakness - US Dollar down about 6% over the last year - Down 6% is
considered a big move for a major currency.'

More than that. world economies are not activity looking to remove the US
Dollar as the reserve currency. Once the world is no longer propping up
the
Dollar.. DC politics is going to send its value right into the toilet.

do you have any inkling of when it will happen?

Officially? Who knows, but some countries are already starting to liquidate
their holdings of Dollars and Russia and China are maneuvering to assume the
position to have their currencies deemed reserve currency and standard for
international trade/banking.

For what it is worth, the Ruble is informally pegged to Gold.
So is the dollar....
2020 about $1500 per ounce
2024 about $2600 per ounce
Shift 73% increase in price
2020 about 85,000 RUB per ounce
2024 about 235,000 RUB per ounce
Shift 176% increase in price.
Alternative source
Jan 2010 $1,067 per ounce
2024 $2,524 per ounce
Shift 137%
Jan 2010 about 34,000 RUB per ounce
2024 about 240,000 RUB per ounce
Shift 605%
Not seeing the benefit of the 'informal peg' to gold

Won't take much for them to price oil in gold as one of several items
they're willing to take in exchange.
Well, that's the problem when we dropped the gold standard and put politicians in charge of the value of our money....