Re: What does "Reinstall macOS" do, exactly?

Sujet : Re: What does "Reinstall macOS" do, exactly?
De : brock.mcnuggets (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Snit)
Groupes : alt.computer.workshop comp.sys.mac.system
Date : 24. Aug 2024, 17:49:16
On Aug 24, 2024 at 12:32:19 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<litgk3F9ivbU2@mid.individual.net>:

On 24/08/2024 00:58, Snit wrote:
On Aug 23, 2024 at 4:29:07 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<liska3F5itgU4@mid.individual.net>:

On 24/08/2024 00:15, Snit wrote:
On Aug 23, 2024 at 4:13:23 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<lisjcjF5jdqU1@mid.individual.net>:

On 23/08/2024 23:45, Snit wrote:
On Aug 23, 2024 at 2:53:49 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<lisendF4s4sU1@mid.individual.net>:

On 23/08/2024 21:18, Snit wrote:
On Aug 23, 2024 at 10:21:28 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<liruooF1vc0U5@mid.individual.net>:

On 23/08/2024 17:22, Snit wrote:
On Aug 23, 2024 at 9:15:39 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<lirqtbF1vc0U2@mid.individual.net>:

On 23/08/2024 15:03, T i m wrote:
On 23/08/2024 13:47, David Brooks wrote:
<snip>

I found it by chance when looking for a suitable 'test' question to
trigger controversy -

So let me get this straight. You are intentionally making trouble then
wasting time asking us why you are being banned for making trouble?

I think you might be the very first person to appear in my killfile and
given the sort of people we have here now, that must give you some idea
what I think of you.

I really do wish you'd pay attention. <sigh>

Have you got the balls (?) to ask a question on the ASC forums yourself?

It is not about "balls" it is about desire and being appropriate.

When did YOU last post a question on the ASC forums?

None other than what I have told you. I do not use the forum much.

I don't recall you ever telling me. Sorry.

I have posted at your request. LOL!

Hmmm. Perhaps you once did. I've forgotten the details. I apologise.
Is the thread still available to you?

I use the name Snit. Here is my profile:

https://discussions.apple.com/profile/Snit/participation

Thank you! 🙂

I cannot, however, find any post by you. :-(

I thought it listed past posts. Nope. Sorry.

It SHOULD show past posts!

I think it used to. Maybe it did. Maybe it only shows fairly recent ones. Who
knows?

When did you last ANSWER a question on the ASC forums?

Do not recall.

With your fount of knowledge, you could be helping naive Apple users
each and every day!

I have looked there before... but never really anything I saw that needed a
quick answer that was not being given. If you see a question there though
where I might be of help by all means point me to it.

OK - I will do that very thing!  🙂

Thanks. That I am open to.

:-D

If you did either, what user name did you use?

Would have to check but probably Brock McNuggets.

How difficult would that be for you to check?

I'd be most grateful if you'd do that and let me know. TIA.

Went to sign in and it says they are doing updates.

In 15 years of use I have NEVER seen that!

Curious. I saw it a few minutes ago.

Odd.

It is gone now.

Did anyone ELSE see that happen?

THAT is a question you could ask on the ASC forums!

Why would I ask about them directly telling me the system was being updated?
What would the value be? The system was being updated. No mystery. Nothing
that impacts my life.

Please take and post a screenshot of what you are being told/shown.

I can now log in.

Curiouser and curiouser!

A short update. No harm.

You ASSUME that, you don't know for sure!

You assume there is all sorts of bad stuff going on. Have you considered
checking with a mental health professional what this says about you? Not being
snarky... you have the idea you should always check and verify... how have you
done so with your own mental health in how it revolves around your focus on
developers, apps, and forums?

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.