Re: What does "Reinstall macOS" do, exactly?

Sujet : Re: What does "Reinstall macOS" do, exactly?
De : BDB (at) *nospam* nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Groupes : alt.computer.workshop comp.sys.mac.system
Date : 18. Aug 2024, 22:40:06
On 18/08/2024 21:17, pothead wrote:
On 2024-08-18, David Brooks <BDB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
//I was recently having some problems with iTunes, and decided to
reinstall macOS Sierra. I held Command+R on startup and clicked on
"Reinstall macOS" without erasing the hard drive in Disk Utility. Once
the reinstall was complete, I started back up and all of my files and
programs were still there, along with my settings, desktop wallpaper,
and everything else. (The iTunes problems were fixed.)//

What exactly does this "Reinstall" feature do, if it doesn't remove
programs and change settings to default?//

Here are answers on-line:-
https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/276766/what-does-reinstall-macos-do-exactly

How would YOU have answered the OP's question?
 That article is from 7 years ago.
So? Why does that matter?