OT: Any comments on my sci-fi writing?...

Sujet : OT: Any comments on my sci-fi writing?...
De : cr88192 (at) *nospam* gmail.com (BGB)
Groupes : comp.arch
Date : 16. Aug 2024, 04:16:10
This is technically off-topic, but:
Given a lot of the people in this group are technically minded, I am left wondering if anyone can spot obvious technical or scientific flaws in a sci-fi story I had gotten back around to working on some more?...
Despite being sci-fi, I was trying to keep most of the technology within the limits of what seems plausible, but it is possible I may have messed things up (or if the story just sucks, which is also possible).
https://github.com/cr88192/bgbtech_html/blob/master/stories/2021-09-09_Skimmer1B.pdf
I do have another (mostly newer) story that exists within the same timeline, still textfile only for now, set roughly 20 years later:
https://github.com/cr88192/bgbtech_html/blob/master/stories/2023-02-14_ShellbugHardMod.txt
Note that in these stories, there is actually a certain amount of technological regression in some areas, as the idea was that the current trajectory of technological development "peaked" somewhere around 2030 to 2035 and then largely stagnated and went into decline.
So, with a few exceptions technology portrayed for the 2070s is mostly at "near future" levels, and by the 2090s had mostly backslid to roughly early 2000s levels; mostly for legal/cultural reasons, primarily in the areas of electronics and semiconductor manufacture (the demand for "faster and better" had largely died off, in part because having more than a certain prescribed amounts of computing power, RAM, and storage capacity, in various predefined device categories, became illegal; in part this made it no longer cost effective to build and maintain "actually good" chip fabs, and things back slid towards "good enough", say, 28nm to 90nm or so).
Note that the underlying reason for cultural/legal limitations on compute power are basically for the same types of reasons as in things like Dune and Battlestar Galactica, just setting ~ early/mid 2000s technology as the benchmark seemed to make more sense than limiting things to 1970s technology (though, in a few places, the idea is that some amount of roughly 1940s to 1970s level technology is being used as well).
Some other parts were references to "stuff that already exists but isn't in widespread use", like E-Ink, and nitinol wire, ... Though, there are some more speculative technologies in the mix as well.
Though, in the stories, the general idea is that AI / AGI still ultimately wins, despite the efforts to suppress it.
Might soon get back to my usual programming stuff, but in the near term I am going to need to image my main OS drive over to a new SSD. All this had disrupted my usual activities to some extent.