Re: Quite a spectacular security bug

Sujet : Re: Quite a spectacular security bug
De : jgd (at) *nospam* cix.co.uk (John Dallman)
Groupes : comp.arch
Date : 13. Aug 2024, 21:40:30
In article <1515942ce56ee0870311c9771eef4757@www.novabbs.org>,
mitchalsup@aol.com (MitchAlsup1) wrote:

Given the Chinese, it might have been done on purpose.

Maybe, but the freeze on reading from address 0 looks a lot more like
incompetent testing.

Damnit, I work for an _application_ software provider, not a hardware or
OS supplier, but I have tests for my test harness which would catch that.
A company that doesn't find that kind of flaw is thoroughly capable of
missing a memory management problem.

John