Re: PROGRAMMING TODAY new approach in C strict runtime allows us to improve reccurency: call queue

Sujet : Re: PROGRAMMING TODAY new approach in C strict runtime allows us to improve reccurency: call queue
De : malcolm.arthur.mclean (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Malcolm McLean)
Groupes : comp.lang.c
Date : 20. Mar 2024, 15:48:31
On 20/03/2024 13:15, fir wrote:

the idea is then compiler met the queue keyword it
not generates call to function but stores the pointer to it and
the arguments into separate runtime 'list' (it is internal array)
and then continues execution of the parent function

And we need big stacks so that people can use poor programming approaches without the system falling over, and we need small stacks becausem whilst modern stacks are usually just in cached main memory, if stacks are small then potentially the hardware people can manufacture very fast and as a tradeoff therefore very low capacity, special memory to use for the stack.
--
Check out Basic Algorithms and my other books:
https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/bgy1mm