ANN: Dogelog Player 1.2.1 (Lite Notebooks)

Sujet : ANN: Dogelog Player 1.2.1 (Lite Notebooks)
De : janburse (at) *nospam* fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Groupes : comp.lang.prolog
Date : 23. Jul 2024, 22:33:06
Dear All,
We are happy to announce a new edition
of the Dogelog player:
- Native Sorting:
   Our efforts to deliver faster sorting in 100% Prolog
have come to nothing.  So we decided to implement sort/2
and keysort/2 natively for the different target platforms.
This new sorting is competitive with other Prolog systems.
- Metronome Collector:
   What we hadn't taken into account was that the native
sorting requires fewer variable instantiations, which then
messed up our garbage collection trigger conditions so that
garbage was left behind.  We were finally able to solve the
problem with a better metronome garbage collector.
- Lite Notebooks:
   Our original idea was to replicate Knuth’s idea of
literate programming for the web. Diverting slightly from
the batch processing approach, we recently arrived at a new
more online approach of lite notebooks. We view HTML pages
with a simple Prolog code embedding as pre-elements as the
primary source. These pages are amenable to any HTML tooling.
Have Fun!
Jan Burse, http://www.xlog.ch/ , 23.07.2024