Re: Safe Superintelligence (SSI): Now they are dancing

Sujet : Re: Safe Superintelligence (SSI): Now they are dancing
De : janburse (at) *nospam* fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Groupes : comp.lang.prolog
Date : 05. Sep 2024, 23:51:31
Its amazing how we are in the mists of new buzzwords
such as superintelligence, superhuman, etc… I used
the term “long inferencing” in one post somewhere
for a combination of LLM with a more capable inferencing,
compared to current LLMs that rather show “short inferencing”.
Then just yesterday its was Strawberry and Orion, as the
next leap by OpenAI. Is the leap getting out of control?
OpenAI wanted to do “Superalignment” but lost a figure head.
Now there is new company which wants to do safety-focused
non-narrow AI. But they chose another name. If I translate
superhuman to German I might end with “Übermensch”,
first used by Nietzsche and later by Hitler and the
Nazi regime. How ironic!
Nick Bostrom - Superintelligence
https://www.orellfuessli.ch/shop/home/artikeldetails/A1037878459
Mild Shock schrieb:
Hi,
 SAN FRANCISCO/NEW YORK, Sept 4 - Safe
Superintelligence (SSI), newly co-founded by OpenAI's
former chief scientist Ilya Sutskever, has raised $1
billion in cash to help develop safe artificial
intelligence systems that far surpass human
capabilities, company executives told Reuters.
https://www.reuters.com/technology/artificial-intelligence/openai-co-founder-sutskevers-new-safety-focused-ai-startup-ssi-raises-1-billion-2024-09-04/   Now they are dancing
https://twitter.com/AIForHumansShow/status/1831465601782706352
 Bye