Re: reading-files. CLOS-support?

Sujet : Re: reading-files. CLOS-support?
De : Nobody447095 (at) *nospam* here-nor-there.org (B. Pym)
Groupes : comp.lang.lisp comp.lang.scheme
Date : 20. Sep 2024, 09:23:55
Pete Halverson wrote:

      I need to read an input file which is not written out as lists.
      I can use read-line and get it as a string.
      how do I convert this string to a list.
      eg of kind of lines to be read and converted
      Line 13.4 24 50 100.0 45.6 78
      eye 0 0 0
      aim -75 10 12
      One posible solution I have is to coerce the string into a list
and reformulate the list by "imploding" atoms separated by blank spaces
together. This doesnt work for the number portion yet.But, I am still
working on it.

Id be very interested in solutions to this as well.  Id be happy to receive
duplicates of any email-messages showing up.

I would expect something as trivial as

  (defconstant +EOF-MARKER+ (make-symbol "EOF"))

  (defun READ-TOKENS-FROM-STRING (string)
     (with-input-from-string (stream string)
       (loop for thing = (read stream nil +eof-marker+)
             until (eq thing +eof-marker+)
             collect thing)))

ought to suffice here.  (Apologies to loop haters; conversion to "Lisp" is
left as an exercise to the reader :-)

Gauche Scheme:

(use gauche.generator)

(define (read-tokens-from-string string)
  (with-input-from-string string
    (cut  generator->list read)))