Re: Save tickets in an emmail?

Sujet : Re: Save tickets in an emmail?
De : robin_listas (at) *nospam* es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 13. Mar 2024, 00:39:45
On 2024-03-12 23:04, Newyana2 wrote:
   I have a friend who got tickets to an event and will have
to have the email when she goes. They expect to scan a
barcode on her cellphone. Is there a way to save the "tickets"
on Android? She had the option to "save to Google wallet"
but can't figure that out. So I guess I'm asking about saving
an email file?
It depends on how exactly the ticket was shipped.
In many cases, the email simply has graphics, and a dot code or bar code which the scanner reads directly from the phone display. Printing the email should also work.
In some other cases, the ticket is attached in PDF form. You can print it, or simply display the PDF so that the scanner reads the dot-code.
In some cases, the email contains an attachment which is "shared" with a compatible application, one of which is "Google Wallet". You obviously need to install Google Wallet first. I have also used PassWallet, which I prefer as it doesn't depend on the cloud, but sometimes it is not up to me the choice.
In this case, in the email you should say to share or open the attachment with some other app, which would be the ticket app, which normally can save the ticket internally for easier/faster access at the turnpike.
--
Cheers, Carlos.