Re: ebook reader - image scaling ?

Sujet : Re: ebook reader - image scaling ?
De : address (at) *nospam* is.invalid (R.Wieser)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 31. May 2024, 10:07:55
Newyana2,

(it also works with quotes: "50%")

Make that "it *only* works with".

Officially attributes are supposed to be in quotes if non-numeric.
Some people even put numbers in quotes. It works either way.
I just tested it on IE and FF.

Yes, it does work on FF.

But you overlooked one thing : my question was about *epub*, not a
webbrowser.  Any information about how it does work on something else is
currently of little, if any, value to me.

   Interesting. I've never dealt with an ebook reader.
I guess it's not the same as basic HTML, even though
it claims to be.

"basic HTML" ?   Never heard of that.

FYI, the html variant used in epub's is called XHTML (as I found yesterday).
Its a bit more strict than the HTML implemented in webbrowsers. Including
that *all* arguments to attributes need to be in double-quotes, regardless
of if they are values or not.

I found that out when I tried to make an image appear bigger using
"width=100%" (no double-quotes around the "100%") causing he rest of the
page to disappear. :-|

As for the "its different" part ?  There are two parts to that.  One of them
being that tried HTML in an app which expected XHTML, and the second part
being that I have no idea if the epub-reader app I installed displays the
ful range of allowed XHTML tags or just subset of them.  For instance, I
can't get a "<hr/>" to display.

If you come across information which describes which XHTML tags an EPUB
should display (and perhaps how) than to tell, as I could not find anything
of the kind.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser