Re: Save tickets in an emmail?

Sujet : Re: Save tickets in an emmail?
De : robin_listas (at) *nospam* es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 13. Mar 2024, 05:26:24
On 2024-03-13 01:05, micky wrote:
In comp.mobile.android, on Tue, 12 Mar 2024 18:04:20 -0400, "Newyana2"
<Newyana2@invalid.nospam> wrote:

  I have a friend who got tickets to an event and will have
to have the email when she goes. They expect to scan a
barcode on her cellphone.
 They may expect that, because it seems so many people live in their
cellphone these days and people love to show their phone, but I can't
believe they are insisting on it.
Everybody-has-a-phone™. Just don't fight it and join the crowd :-P
It just works. I have entered several theatres and places using a ticket on my phone. It just works and is easy.
You buy the tickets at home or the hotel, no need to wait a queue at the place to buy the tickets in advance. No need for a printer. No need for a computer. The phone is all you need, and you always have your phone (TM).

 Just print the emails and show them the paper.  If it's good enough for
boarding an airplane it should be good enough for them.
 After all, who would have a paper copy who was't entitled to it??  But
if two people show up with the same bar code, you can fight it out on
stage. it will be the highlight of the event.
It doesn't happen. It is the same danger as two people faking and printing the same ticket. In that case, they check the master computer and it says who has the right to the ticket.
Oh, on some events you collect your tickets at the place. You simply wave your credit/debit card at the machine, maybe it asks for a pincode, and it prints the tickets for you.
Cheers, Carlos.