Re: Save tickets in an emmail?

Sujet : Re: Save tickets in an emmail?
De : Newyana2 (at) *nospam* invalid.nospam (Newyana2)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 13. Mar 2024, 13:50:05
"Carlos E.R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote

| Your tickets can’t be printed if you bought your tickets over the phone,
| no Print Tickets button appears, or from the app.
|
| So, there is something called "Mobile Entry tickets" that can not be
| printed, so watch for that.

  That seems to be the case. If I understand it correctly,
she now has a choice to scan her TM app at the door,
or save the "tickets" to Google Pay. Last night she couldn't
get the TM app to work properly. Hopefully that will work out
and she can save the tickets to Google Pay. She's taking her
granddaughter to the circus and is panicking over the prospect
of a problem at entry.

  I'm repeatedly surprised by how much a kiosk device
cellphones are. Everything goes through an app. Simply
buying tickets to the circus is involving Ticketmaster and
Google. And still one doesn't actually have the tickets.
Accessing the "ticket" requires contacting one of those
companies. I guess I'd expected there to be an app that
would represent personal storage on the cellphone. Then
the tickets would be some kind of digitally signed file. Though
I suppose that also has limitations. If it were done that way
then losing the cellphone would mean losing the tickets.

  I didn't know about the difference in method of purchase,
though. That's good to know. So, in theory, next time
she could buy the tickets online and skip the cellphone step.