Re: Keeping batteries charged no more than 80%

Sujet : Re: Keeping batteries charged no more than 80%
De : robin_listas (at) *nospam* es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 14. Mar 2024, 22:18:19
On 2024-03-14 13:03, Arno Welzel wrote:
Carlos E.R., 2024-03-12 22:23:

On 2024-03-12 01:23, micky wrote:
If it's considered proper to charge a cellphone only to 80%, what about
other devices that use batteries.  Today I got a rechargeable bluetooth
speaker to use with my cellpphone, and the instructions say to charge
it, until the red light turns blue.  Isn't that 100%, not 80%.  Am i
damaging the speaker battery by charging it until the liught turns blue?

On most devices, you have no control.

For that matter, what about people who leave their phone plugged into
the charger or sitting on the wireless charger all night?   Doesn't it
go to 100% and sit there, still charging even after it's reached 100%.

Most devices will limit the charge, probably stopping it.

My Motorola G52 detects that it is an overnight charge, and calculates
an strategy to have it fully charged by the time the alarm goes off.
 I believe most newer Android devices have similar strategies implemented
and reduce the charging current to a lower level for overnight charging
but use the maximum power during daytime. I experience a similar
behaviour with my Google Pixel 6a - in daytime it charges faster than
during the night.
Which means that there could be an app to limit the charge to 80%. The hardware to do this is already in place.
--
Cheers, Carlos.