Re: Can oe tell what apps have used data?

Sujet : Re: Can oe tell what apps have used data?
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 15. Mar 2024, 21:27:29
Frank Slootweg wrote on 15 Mar 2024 19:12:53 GMT :

But point taken

Frank... I won't severely lambaste you yet again for being wrong yet again
simply because at least you had the guts, for once, to say you were wrong -
and that's fine. People make mistakes. Some more than others. But all do.

If I make a mistake on facts, I openly admit it - and - in fact - there's a
thread on that exact topic that badgolferman opened up on the iOS ng, where
nobody there either has ever been able to find any of my facts ever wrong.

But if I make a thinko, or a typo (once they caught me on my decimal place
being wrong - but not even in my favor in the argument - and I admitted I
misplaced a decimal - which when it was corrected made my argument even
stronger as the argument didn't hinge on the decimal place - and yet - the
ignorant uneducated iKooks jumped on it - but I admitted it was off by one
digit - as my ego isn't wed to my facts).

My facts are ALWAYS right, Frank (barring typos).
But if I make a typo, I'll admit it.

It's what adults do when they're wrong on facts.
At least you were man enough to admit it.

Hence, I delve no further on your mistake.

Moving forward on the technical side, I just asked Andy, separately, if he
has the same output on his Pixel as I do on my Android 13 Samsung as shown:
 <https://i.postimg.cc/4y4JCRXY/datausage.jpg>
 <https://i.postimg.cc/C5wKFfsL/appdatausage.jpg>
 <https://i.postimg.cc/qMM7Sy71/billingcycle.jpg>

Regarding your lame excuse about "Chris", I wasn't responding to that.

I was responding specifically to what I had quoted - which is this:
  > If your phone does not have those statistics - mine (Samsung Galaxy
  > A51 Android 13) doesn't have stats in the detail Any mentioned

Presumably "Any" is "Andy", where I suspect Andy _does_ have the same
statistics that my Galaxy has (and I suspect yours does too).

The reason I suspect that is I'm intelligent enough to assemble facts into
a logically sensible assessment, Frank.

Something you need to learn how to do.

I would like to ask you to L@@K at your A51 where I suspect those exact
type of stats that are available to me are also available to you.

Mine, paradoxically, only go back to November of last year, but that could
be due to me wiping out cache (or other data reset operations over time).