Re: Clear the cache of an android Cellphone (Moto G Pure)

Sujet : Re: Clear the cache of an android Cellphone (Moto G Pure)
De : robin_listas (at) *nospam* es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 19. Mar 2024, 16:27:13
On 2024-03-18 22:27, micky wrote:
In comp.mobile.android, on Mon, 18 Mar 2024 15:18:19 -0000 (UTC), Andrew
<andrew@spam.net> wrote:

micky wrote on Mon, 18 Mar 2024 08:19:29 -0400 :

Apparently you can use ADB to issue a command to clear all app caches:

adb shell pm trim-caches <release>

This looks like a command which in windows would go in a command box.
Where does one put such instructions in Android?

Micky,
Can I ask you a question to better understand how you think?
The use of adb has been discussed *hundreds* of times on this newsgroup.

How did you miss all of that?
 I don't read every thread on cma.  Far from it.

If someone explains it to you again, how do we know you won't forget?
 I didn't forget this time.  I never saw it discussed.

To prove my point, I'll give you the search URL:
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android>

Then type "adb" into the search box to see how many times it was discussed.
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/search?q=adb>
 Well I looked, and this gives every post that uses the letters adb.  Two
of the first 5 have my name in them, in fact they are from the same
thread that I began.   And what does it say about adb?
It is probably this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_Debug_Bridge
Not a common tool to have.
«The Android Debug Bridge (commonly abbreviated as adb) is a programming tool used for the debugging of Android-based devices. The daemon on the Android device connects with the server on the host PC over USB or TCP, which connects to the client that is used by the end-user over TCP. Made available as open-source software under the Apache License by Google since 2007, its features include a shell and the possibility to make backups. The adb software is available for Windows, Linux and macOS. It has been misused by botnets and other malware, for which mitigations were developed such as RSA authentication and device whitelisting.»
--
Cheers, Carlos.