Re: Can oe tell what apps have used data?

Sujet : Re: Can oe tell what apps have used data?
De : cl (at) *nospam* isbd.net (Chris Green)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 19. Mar 2024, 21:13:39
Frank Slootweg <this@ddress.is.invalid> wrote:
Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
I use very little data on my phone, looking at my provider's billing
it's usually only a few kB at a time with the odd 1Mb lump.  However,
while I usually remember to turn the phone off when I cross the
channel on a ferry from UK to France I sometimes forget and then even
1Mb costs a ridiculous amount (not roaming in the middle of the
channel!).

Fortunately I'm on PAYGO and rarely have more than £5 credit so that's
my maximum loss but it's still annoying having to top up at an
inconvenient moment.

I guess I could just turn data off and see if anything stops working.

  In this thread, the responses have been mainly concentrating on what
you asked, "Can oe tell what apps have used data?" ("oe" is "phone"?).

  But re-reading your post, I realize that your actual *problem*, not
question, is unvoluntarily spending money on roaming data.

  If that's indeed the problem, why don't you just switch off data
roaming? Any half decent phone should be able to do that.

But I need roaming data sometimes, so I'd have to remember to turn it
on and off.  However having roaming data turned off by default does
seem to be the best place to start from at least.

--
Chris Green
·