Re: I found information about saving tickets in Google Wallet.

Sujet : Re: I found information about saving tickets in Google Wallet.
De : robin_listas (at) *nospam* es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 19. Mar 2024, 22:26:01
On 2024-03-19 18:25, Newyana2 wrote:
"Carlos E.R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote

| We were talking recently about this in thread "Save tickets in an
emmail?".

   That was my friend. Several days later she still can't get the
tickets to entirely load in the email and logging into Ticketmaster
hangs. She tried chat. No luck. She finally got hold of a human
at Ticketmaster. They tried to walk her through it. No luck. They
explicitly told her that printing out the tickets (if she ever manages
to load them again) is not an option. She must go to the circus
using her cellphone as ticket. She could save the tickets in
Google Wallet/Pay (it's not clear what the difference is) but that
hurdle has to wait for actually getting the tickets loaded.
    At one point she was able to load the tickets. By that I mean
she clicked the link in their email and got images of seat numbers
and a barcode. But saving to Wallet failed. Now she can't get the
barcode to show up.
    The fact that Ticketmaster requires a phone, undoubtedly for
their own convenience and personal data collection, is outrageous.
The tickets were bought online. It should have been feasible to
download and print them. That works for airline tickets.
There is no data collection involved.

    My friend is planning to take her daughter, son-in-law and
granddaughter to the circus. It's still not clear whether it's
actually going to be possible.
 | I seem to understand that Wallet stores them in "the cloud" somewhere.

    Makes sense. So you need your cellphone and a Google Wallet
account just to possess your tickets. And even then you don't possess
them. You only have a (hopeful) means of access to what you paid for.
Just a google account which she already has, because she has an Android phone.

     I'm just glad that I'm not
itching to see a concert or spsorting event. Yesterday I went to
the theater again... slipped 'em a tenspot and went in to see
Dune 2. I was alone in the theater, which was built about 90
years ago. Kids today generally don't know this direct human
relationship to their world. But there's hope:
 https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2024/03/teen-childhood-smartphone-use-mental-health-effects/677722/

--
Cheers, Carlos.