Re: Can oe tell what apps have used data?

Sujet : Re: Can oe tell what apps have used data?
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 20. Mar 2024, 06:22:30
Chris Green wrote on Tue, 19 Mar 2024 19:13:39 +0000 :

  If that's indeed the problem, why don't you just switch off data
roaming? Any half decent phone should be able to do that.

But I need roaming data sometimes, so I'd have to remember to turn it
on and off.  However having roaming data turned off by default does
seem to be the best place to start from at least.

There are plenty of good solutions for you, but some take upfront effort.
For example, you can set a geofence which, when you get into the geographic
area, automatically turns off data roaming.

The phone will automatically turn data roaming back on when you leave the
geofenced area. Once set up, it's completely automatic in operation.

However, my suggestion for you is to simply create & tap a one-tap
data-roaming shortcut (which takes less time to set up than it took me to
create this graphic showing you exactly how to set it up on any phone).
 <https://i.postimg.cc/yx1yKMTJ/roaming-shortcut.jpg> roaming shortcut

Tap the roaming shortcut once, and data roaming goes off (if it was on).
Tap it again, and data roaming turns on (if it was off).

Set an alarm when you travel if you think you might forget to tap it.