Re: Why does tapping some places get no response?

Sujet : Re: Why does tapping some places get no response?
De : usenet (at) *nospam* andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 28. Mar 2024, 03:28:26
On 28/03/2024 01:00, micky wrote:

My phone, a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro works fine most of the time, but
sometimes. tapping something gets no response.  Tapping over and over
gets no respons
clean the screen?
make sure you're not gripping the phone in such a way that your fingers are touching the edge of the screen unintentionally, e.g. does it work better when laid on a desk and not holding it?
try a touch screen test app from the store.

 Is there a good app that works like Task Manager in
Windows. >       ----Maybe even how much of the RAM in in use by each app, but that
seems like a frill I don't need right now. .
enable developer mode (settings/system/press build number 7 times)
then go into developer setting, there is system-wide and per app memory info, but android works different to windows, if the foreground app needs memory, other apps can be completely killed off (saving their state in the process) and will then get restarted later and should continue where they were at i.e. don't worry too much about memory.