Re: app to read a book to me on an airplane

Sujet : Re: app to read a book to me on an airplane
De : TimSlattery (at) *nospam* utexas.edu (Tim Slattery)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 12. Apr 2024, 16:29:37
Android Owner <android@google.com> wrote:

These are all epub books in a variety of epub formats, not just (text) PDF.
Most are in mobi but some are azw/azw3 (only a few are in (text) PDF).

For epub books (not sure about mobi) use Favorite Book Reader (FBR).
The free version is ad-free, does not use the internet, and does an
excellent job with epub and epub3. The paid version is $5 and adds the
ability to read PDFs, and some other features. The paid version had a
text to speech capability. I haven't used it (I'd rather read the
book), so can't comment on how it works. I'm not certain whether it's
also in the free version.

--
Tim Slattery
timslattery <at> utexas <dot> edu