Re: Photos too lit up.

Sujet : Re: Photos too lit up.
De : usenet (at) *nospam* arnowelzel.de (Arno Welzel)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 12. Apr 2024, 18:22:15
micky, 2024-04-11 20:14:

I was visiting my brother in Florida and I was on the boardwalk in
Hollywood and it was almost dark and the bold full** moon was rising and
I thought it would be a nice picture, but when I took it with my Xiaomi
Redmi Note 8 pro, it looked like daylight and the moon, instead of being
grey, looked like a dim sun.   I waited until it was darker yet and took
more pictures and they all looked like daylight, or at least much
lighter than it was.

Yes, this is the usual behaviour of many Smartphone camera apps when
they try to "guess" how to improve the image quality and make every
scene bright and clear. You may manually edit the picture with tools
like Paint.NET or darktable to adjust the overall brightness or gamma
curve to make it look more natural.

Otherwise you may try apps like "Open Camera" which allow much more
customization for taking pictures and also provides taking images in RAW
format if supported by the phone, so you can develop the final image
using darktable or similar programs:

<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sourceforge.opencamera>

--
Arno Welzel