Re: The Dumbphone Boom Is Real

Sujet : Re: The Dumbphone Boom Is Real
De : this (at) *nospam* ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 16. Apr 2024, 14:46:01
carl@invalid.com wrote:
On Sun, 14 Apr 2024 17:26:29 -0400, Alan Browne

On 2024-04-14 17:08, stan wrote:
AI

Yes.  This will kill smartphones.  Short the Apple and Samsung stock
now!  Plow your proceeds into DJT!  That's the winner!

I'd luv to be able to buy a simple flip phone that fit in my pocket
and did nothing else except be a simpe phone and NOTHING else.

  Does it need to be a *flip* phone or is, as the subject mentions, a
'dumb' phone what you want?

  If the latter, in our country (The Netherlands) and probably most of
Europe (and elsewhere?), small 'dumb' phones are still for sale, for
example the Nokia 8210 4G. Also some 'senior' phones are of the 'dumb'
variety.

  Before smartphones, I always used - mostly Nokia - 'dumb' phones and
they fitted easily in my - mostly shirt - pocket.

  Of course in this century, 'dumb' phones aren't that dumb anymore, but
they are mostly oriented towards voice calls and SMS.

<https://www.coolblue.nl/en/product/914413/nokia-8210-4g-blue.html>

--
Frank Slootweg, proud owner of <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_6310i>