Re: UWB homescreen indicator

Sujet : Re: UWB homescreen indicator
De : theom+news (at) *nospam* chiark.greenend.org.uk (Theo)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android alt.internet.wireless
Date : 23. Apr 2024, 22:48:02
Nick Cine <nickcine@is.invalid> wrote:
Does Android show on the homescreen when the UWB location/data radio is on?

My phone doesn't have UWB but Pixels and high end Samsung phones have had
the UWB location/data radios for a few years now (Pixel, Galaxy, Xiaomi).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UWB-enabled_mobile_devices

Given UWB can help track you down to centimeter location detail
https://freedom-to-tinker.com/2019/12/21/every-move-you-make-ill-be-watching-you-privacy-implications-of-the-apple-u1-chip-and-ultra-wideband/
it could be important to know when your UWB radio is on or when it's off.

I'm aware of the UWB on/off switch in Android but since I don't have UWB,
what I'd like to know is if the homescreen indicates when the UWB is on?

Pixel 7 Pro, GrapheneOS.  There is nothing showing when I flip the UWB
switch from off to on or vice versa.  There's also no quick toggle for UWB
that might show the UWB status.

Theo