Re: GPS Acciracu

Sujet : Re: GPS Acciracu
De : bashley101 (at) *nospam* gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 26. Apr 2024, 08:30:48
On 4/25/24 11:05 PM, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
On 26.04.24 07:02, The Real Bev wrote:
My family can track each other via google maps.  Updates are sometimes infrequent and locations are frequently off by significant (quarter-mile, half-mile) amounts or moving hundreds of feet while asleep in a hotel.  Phones are Pixel 2 and daughter's almost-newest iPhone.  Freeways, big cities, places where there are lots of towers. Verizon and T-Mobile
 Is it the phones or google or something completely different?
 Are the GPS-location settings already set to the highest precision levels?
 https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3467281?hl=en
Yup, all those were already ON. (Pixel2/Android 11)  I have a keepgo data SIM that I use my google voice number with, but it makes no difference whether I turn that on or off as long as I have wifi on.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/102647
No idea and daughter is somewhere in the Atlantic on her way to Iceland.   Still just off New York, of course :-(  It will be maybe a month...

Both articles will help you to maximise location precision. Pls read it
very carefully.
 HTH, Jörg
Thx.
--
Cheers, Bev
   Some people just can't be helped; you take 'em out of the rat race