Re: How will the police find me.

Sujet : Re: How will the police find me.
De : bradshaw (at) *nospam* gci.net (Bill Bradshaw)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 20. May 2024, 20:06:34
micky wrote:
Going hiking tomorrow.  Finally realized I was sending my location to
my ex-GF, but I hadn't told her how to see it.   Assuming the worst,
that I break my leg and can't get off the trail, but the phone is
broken or stolen, and assuming she actually notices it's 6PM and I
still haven't texted her to say I'm done, she can see my phone's
location using the simple instructions I found on the web.

When I am out alone I always run a track on my GPS (not phone) which I can
follow back so I do not get lost because I am 78 years old.  If you are
really worried you should look at something like a Garmin inReach.
--
<Bill>

Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska