Re: How will the police find me.

Sujet : Re: How will the police find me.
De : this (at) *nospam* ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 22. May 2024, 15:39:35
micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:
[...]

Not only that. the AllTrails map showed my location and it zigzagged
near the trail I was supposed to take, even though I was almost always
right on the trail I was supposed to take.  I think this was because GPS
is not perfect

  Was this in a tree covered area or/and with overcast weather? Both
tend to weaken the GPS signal, which is already a very weak signal to
start with. (Imagine the satellites transmitting from some 20,000km
(12,500mi) above the earth to your smartphone.)

  Moral: Get out of the woods and only hike on a sunny day! :-)

[...]