Re: What evfect will 5G have on 4G?

Sujet : Re: What evfect will 5G have on 4G?
De : newyana (at) *nospam* invalid.nospam (Newyana2)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 23. May 2024, 17:44:03
On 5/23/2024 11:20 AM, AJL wrote:
On 5/23/24 5:23 AM, Newyana2 wrote:

There's a cabin I sometimes stay in that has electricity
and phone... even nearby wifi... but no chance of cellphone
connection.
 Get WiFi calling. It made my sketchy around the house (and yard) cell
service as good as as my landline, which I then promptly got rid of...

   I don't have a problem myself. (And the cabin doesn't have Internet.
I just see wifi nearby if I run a computer.) I have no trouble making
calls because I live near a city. I was only pointing out that up to
1/3 of the country doesn't have cell service at home or even in
the neighborhood, and they're not likely to in the future. Perhaps my
brother could get wifi calling over Musk's satellite dish, but then that
also wouldn't work if he wanders too far from the house. And it won't
work in much of the area where he lives. It's a different way of life in
the country. Landlines are critical. Cellphones are impractical.