Re: Nexus 7 - 3rd-party ROMs [was: Stiii Ticking]

Sujet : Re: Nexus 7 - 3rd-party ROMs [was: Stiii Ticking]
De : usenet (at) *nospam* andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 24. May 2024, 08:04:06
Bob Martin wrote:

Used to flash CM almost weekly in early days of N7.
Likewise TWRP.
Same here for my N1 (still working) and N7 (long gone) it was necessary to resize your own partitions, or move them from internal flash to SDcard.

Android is a lot less fun these days!
OTOH, it largely just works, so the need to tinker has gone away, the last device I used a 3rd party ROM on was either my N4 or N5x, can't remember which.
It was a good way to learn about Android, back when .apk sizes were measured in kB not hundreds of of MB.