Re: need an app to turn off the whole phone after user-selected time.

Sujet : Re: need an app to turn off the whole phone after user-selected time.
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 26. May 2024, 02:57:28
micky wrote on Sat, 25 May 2024 16:34:18 -0400 :

I need an app to turn off the whole phone after user-selected time.

I don't use an app to do that but I understand your question, I think.

My first thought to help you would be tasker/automate but they take work.
 <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.llamalab.automate>
 <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm>

Even I don't feel like figuring out how to automate that stuff, so that's
only my first guess at an answer.

My second guess will be based on a search... which I'll run for you now.

Note: I probably am the best on this newsgroup for searches for free apps
with no ads, but I haven't tested these apps so you need to test the
no-root one below.

I just found them for you but it seems the best apps require root.
 <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.reachcoding.timetoshutdown>
  (Some engines say it's in the Google Play Store, but others don't.)

What do you think about this no-root shutdown-timer app?
 <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maforn.timedshutdown>

Note: I have not tested these apps (and my phone isn't rooted).