Re: need an app to turn off the whole phone after user-selected time.

Sujet : Re: need an app to turn off the whole phone after user-selected time.
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 26. May 2024, 16:37:53
micky wrote on Sun, 26 May 2024 07:01:24 -0400 :

My first thought to help you would be tasker

tasker would be my first thought too, but I never find it intuitive.

"350+ actions ".  I'm getting dizzy just thinking about that.

I've used automate because it's free and tasker is not free.
But both take effort.

In addition to tasker & automate, there's also macrodroid but it has ads.
 <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arlosoft.macrodroid>

As Andy said, Tasker is the normal goto app for Android automation.

Mayber
I'll just skip this idea.  But I didn't know about tasker before and
it's good to know.

There's a difference between a timed shutdown after lack of activity and an
automatic shutdown at a certain time, but I ran a tasker search for micky.
 <https://www.google.com/search?q=android+tasker+timed+shutdown>

Some hits...

 *TASKER: Shutdown after 10min after power is disconnected, how to do this?*
 <https://xdaforums.com/t/tasker-shutdown-after-10min-after-power-is-disconnected-how-to-do-this.2757926/>

 *Can Tasker be used to turn off (power down) the phone?*
 <https://groups.google.com/g/tasker/c/O3ZtzpvtYxg>

 *Possible to have Tasker take action after set amount of idle time?*
 <https://groups.google.com/g/tasker/c/rpwfnNnlFhQ>

 *How to schedule auto shutdown on your Android*
 <https://www.timesnownews.com/technology-science/how-to/how-to-schedule-auto-shutdown-on-your-android-phone-article-107884554>