Re: need an app to turn off the whole phone after user-selected time.

Sujet : Re: need an app to turn off the whole phone after user-selected time.
De : usenet (at) *nospam* arnowelzel.de (Arno Welzel)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 27. May 2024, 14:57:58
Andrew, 2024-05-26 02:57:

[...]> What do you think about this no-root shutdown-timer app?
 <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maforn.timedshutdown>

Quote:

"Android does not have any simple way to power off the phone without
root, so the best we can do is emulate the manual gestures used to shut
down the phone. To do this, the app will use the accessibility
permission, but it will not register any user's data."

As I explained in another post: user installed apps are not allowed to
shut down the phone. This app tries to register itself as accessbility
tool to be able to emulate the neccessary input to shutdown the phone.
This may work - but it depends on your device.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de