Re: need an app to turn off the whole phone after user-selected time.

Sujet : Re: need an app to turn off the whole phone after user-selected time.
De : usenet (at) *nospam* arnowelzel.de (Arno Welzel)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 29. May 2024, 00:06:09
micky, 2024-05-28 00:31:

In comp.mobile.android, on Mon, 27 May 2024 20:25:53 -0000 (UTC), Chris
<ithinkiam@gmail.com> wrote:

micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:
In comp.mobile.android, on Mon, 27 May 2024 14:54:20 +0200, Arno Welzel
<usenet@arnowelzel.de> wrote:

micky, 2024-05-25 22:34:

I need an app to turn off the whole phone after user-selected time.

I have used Tune-in, complete with all its advertising, to play webraido
for a user-selected time up to 120 minute and turn off, but I'd like the
phone to turn off completely.

This is not possible since no user installed app is allowed to turn off
the phone by itself.

Okay.

I guess I was spoiled by all my clock-radios.

Did they unplug themselves?

The first two we had unplugged any 110v device plugged into them.

A "clock-radio"? I know "clock-radio" as a device which contains a clock
and a radio and you can set a time to turn off the radio part
automatically - for example after 1 or 2 hours. But the device itself
will of course still be turned on, just the radio reception and audio
playback will stop. So not that different from an Android device with a
radio app which will automatically stop playing after 1 or 2 hours.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de