Re: How do you prevent an app from updating itself?

Sujet : Re: How do you prevent an app from updating itself?
De : danmin (at) *nospam* danminart-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Danart)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 29. May 2024, 02:29:56

 > Mickey D wrote:
 > Some apps used to have no ads but the latest versions have ads.
 > If I re-install the old version, how do I prevent it from
updating?

You can use

1)Super Freeze   ( I froget the name but it looks like a blue icon ).
You download it from F-droid website. In the past I would install
F-droid and then install via searching the F-droid data-base that also
allows you to connect to other repositories ( whatever ) of user made
non google applications. You also have to understand many of these
applications are not updated.

https://f-droid.org/packages/superfreeze.tool.android/

It literally starts up and freeze whichever $#$@ you set it too.
Meaning it is off and is not functioning in anyway at all.
You can set it to freeze forever or freeze if not in use.

There are a couple of applications on the play-store but honestly
ewwhh and ugghh the play-store.

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=666100245#666100245