Re: Turn your device completely off once a week as per advice from the NSA today

Sujet : Re: Turn your device completely off once a week as per advice from the NSA today
De : hugybear (at) *nospam* gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 01. Jun 2024, 08:05:03
Am 31.05.24 um 23:20 schrieb Larry Wolff:
In a document detailing several mobile device best practices, the NSA
recommends users turn their devices off and then back on once every week to
protect against zero-click exploits, which attackers often use to eavesdrop
on and collect data from phones.
 https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/21018353-nsa-mobile-device-best-practices
Does this advice hold true for PC's also?
A cellphone is nothing else than a desktop machine or laptop: A computer. If it is correct which I doubt the answer is yes.
The link does not load on my Mac/Firefox. Is this a trustworthy site? Even if I allow Java-script.
--
"Gutta cavat lapidem." (Ovid)