Re: Muntashirakon App Manager is, IMHO, by far, the best app manager on Android

Sujet : Re: Muntashirakon App Manager is, IMHO, by far, the best app manager on Android
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 02. Jun 2024, 19:37:41
Jeff Layman wrote on Sun, 2 Jun 2024 11:36:23 +0100 :

As "Andrew" has pointed out, this is a very powerful app manager.

Thanks for checking it out. I wanted also to see what Andy Burns thought of
it, as I can't find a better app manager even as there must be scores of
app managers out there - I've tried dozens and this is, by far, the best.

I've
barely investigated its possibilities, but it's almost certain that you
will need to use its User Manual at some stage.

The most important feature, by the way, is it doesn't *miss* packages.
App managers are like clocks; no two seem to report the same packages.
But this one reports everything (as far as I'm aware) after testing it.

Another critical feature is the display, copy & paste for the (sometimes
long) package name, where, surprisingly, other app managers screw up on
something that simple - yet so important.

But most importantly, once you've started exploring a package, it provides
tons of useful information about that package - and it allows interaction
with that package - such as creating one-tap shortcuts to its activities.

<https://xdaforums.com/t/tutorial-illustrated-mostly-privacy-based-one-tap-shortcuts-so-that-you-can-access-in-a-single-tap-any-buried-android-setting-or-app-activity.4625951/>

As this is so extensive
(77 pages and 25K+ words!), it's probably best to read it offline, or at
least on a bigger screen.

Funny you mention the manual as, well, um, I never read the instructions
until I have to (which is rare that I have to). It's much like when a new
lawn mower is shipped to you where you have to assemble it - I usually find
the picture on the box more informative than the manuals they put inside.

However, it appears as part of the app, so the
only way I could "download" it was to select all, copy, paste into
Collabora Office, and save it as an odt file.

If you think the internal manual for the Muntashirakon App Manager is
extensive, wait until you see the help files for the Skyica App Finder!
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=scadica.aq>
(Which, by the way, is the best free ad free app finder in the world.)

It works, but the
conversion loses links and there appear to be some formatting marks
included. It's a shame that the manual isn't available as a pdf or some
other file readable outside App Manager.

I would think the manual would be online, so let me check for you.
 <https://github.com/MuntashirAkon/AppManager>

First place I'd look is in "Docs" on that web page.
 <https://muntashirakon.github.io/AppManager>

Which contains what appears to be the User Manual you speak of, in HTML.
 App Manager, User Manual, v3.1.2, 19 September 2023
 <https://muntashirakon.github.io/AppManager/en/>