Re: My Samsung Galaxy A32 5G is still being updated even though it came out in January 2021

Sujet : Re: My Samsung Galaxy A32 5G is still being updated even though it came out in January 2021
De : usenet (at) *nospam* andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 03. Jun 2024, 11:30:57
Andrew wrote:

What kills most of my older phones was the battery, but this five amp hour
battery is going so strongly that I don't bother to charge it except when
it's needed (as it goes a couple of days easily without needing charging).
 If you received a phone around 3 years ago, how well is it doing for you?
I "received" my Pixel5a after google "received" my money :-)
Its battery generally has done well, sometimes lasting over 3 days, see screenshots
<https://photos.app.goo.gl/jdcRuKEETzFZ1tkV6>
There was a month where an android firmware upgrade made it very thirsty, so I had to enable maximum power savings and that would barely last 1 day, but it was fixed.
Now it's not particularly good, I'm not sure if that's battery age, because it started rather suddenly, which seemed to coincide with all mobile networks turning off 3G here, perhaps it's wasting a lot of power listening for signals that are no longer there?