Re: binary AndroidManifest.xml, resource ID to string. How to ?

Sujet : Re: binary AndroidManifest.xml, resource ID to string. How to ?
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 04. Jun 2024, 19:04:10
Andy Burns wrote on Tue, 4 Jun 2024 15:08:50 +0100 :

I did extract it from an APK, but the file itself is a binary

are the resource objects within a folder of the .apk file?

I wish I knew ...

Must be some while since I poked about inside .apk files, maybe this
itool s already what you used to extract, if not then it might help?

This has been covered in this newsgroup many times in the past, so this is
just a summary which contains the links to the sources that are useful.

Here's a cut and paste from a past discussion, but there are many.
 <https://adbappcontrol.com/en/>
 <https://qwertycube.com/apk-editor-studio/>
 <https://apktool.org/docs/install/>
 <https://clonemy.app/>

The advantage of cloning is you can make changes & re-install the app.
 <https://xdaforums.com/t/tool-clonemyapp-android-apk-cloner.4513777/>

However, to help out Rudy Wieser even further, I would suggest an Android
tool that can extract the XML file as a text file, which, as Andy knows,
would be the Muntashirakon App Manager we spoke about just recently on the
Android newsgroup over here (which is the best app manager available).
 <https://comp.mobile.android.narkive.com/UFyeKiqM/muntashirakon-app-manager-is-imho-by-far-the-best-app-manager-on-android>