Re: binary AndroidManifest.xml, resource ID to string. How to ?

Sujet : Re: binary AndroidManifest.xml, resource ID to string. How to ?
De : address (at) *nospam* is.invalid (R.Wieser)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 05. Jun 2024, 10:10:12
Andrew,

Those seem to be tools.  I'm not looking for tools.

I was keying off this sentence in the original post:
"I wanted to convert a binary "AndroidManifest.xml" to text again,
 and curently have a readable result."

While I am aware that original post was likely written in haste,

Not really.

my assumption was that you want a TEXT manifest for a given
APK.

And as you quoted yourself, I have it : "and curently have a readable
result"

... which I needed so I could take a quick peek at the permissions an app
requires.  The resource-ID to string is just an (though not unwelcome)
extra.

So, what would I need those tools for ?

The [snip app] accomplishes that,

You're mentioning the name of that app *way* to many times, making it look
as if you are trying to push it (sales pitch).  Which that makes me
uncomfortable and causes the opposite of what you are trying to effect.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser