Re: Good news - the FOSS Google Play Store replacement app enables PRIVACY on Android

Sujet : Re: Good news - the FOSS Google Play Store replacement app enables PRIVACY on Android
De : danmin (at) *nospam* danminart-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Danart)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 09. Jun 2024, 23:03:20

 > Andrew wrote:
 > As most of you know, the biggest increase in your privacy, by far,
is to
 > own a nuclear umbrella - which eliminates the need to use any
Google app
 > which requires you to surrender your privacy by requiring an
Android
 > Account to be explicitly set up on the Android phone.
 >
 > As you also know, there are 1:1 replacements for every Google app
out
 > there. That 1:1 FOSS replacement is always BETTER than the Google
app.

 > The good news is the FOSS Google Play Store app replacement
development
 > team has been WONDERFUL at working on bugs and enhancement
requests.

 > I have been giving them enhancement requests all along, but they
just
 > accepted two more (one bug & one enh) today - which is great
news.

 >  XDA Developer's Forum Thread Topic on Google Play Store
replacements

https://xdaforums.com/t/app-5-0-aurora-store-open-source-google-play-client.3739733/post-89547113

 > In summary, if you have a Google Account set up on your Android
phone,
 > you're doing something wrong (in terms of privacy &
functionality).

It does not matter because if you have a google
phone ( with play services and other system apps that run without your
knowledge ) you are in the google environment.

You need a degoogled phone, or even android or linux phone install.
Then you need to have something called MicroG in order to use Google
related features. Also you need to have full access to root and the
Host files ( so you could block advertisements )
without that your reduced to accessing via ADB ( ABD whatever )
command-line to perform this task.

Android make it impossible for you to service your own phone without a
desktop computer. That is how silly this is. Apple is even worst. You
have to call people to get stuff done.

On top of that alternative apps like Newpipe have tons of fake errors
because google is making it harder to access there services with
non-google products.

The only bonus you get from this is not having to see advertisements
or mail targeting your messages ( that little info when you swip or
tap your phone ) being used against you. Along with all the fake
"Click here" video buttons.

My Desktop is clean because I use a HOSTS list which blocks most
traffic and allow me to enjoy web-results as much as possible. Android
nope because I have to use a third party tool like Ublock or some
other browser.

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=666950341#666950341