Re: Why don't apps update without my telling them to?

Sujet : Re: Why don't apps update without my telling them to?
De : jim (at) *nospam* jimXscott.co.uk (Jim the Geordie)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 10. Jun 2024, 17:47:54
In article <Fn-dnffQs5x8Tfv7nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>,
danmin@danminart-dot-com.no-spam.invalid says...

 > micky wrote:
 > AFaIK, I never interfere with apps updating. Whenever a screen
shows up
 > for some reaos, I update everything, even apps I don't use.
 >
 > I've done nothing to stop any app from updating.
 >
 > Yet friequently it's necessary for me to go to the ap; App to find
an
 > app, because looking for the icon often seems not to work. I just
can't
 > find it.  And often when I'm threre, it tells me there an update
 > available.  Why?
 >
 > Am I just gettting there in the short window between when the
update is
 > available and when Android tries to do it without my asking, or is
there
 > a  set of apps that wait for me to use them, or at least notice
them,
 > before wanting to update,
 >
 > Today it was Alexa.  Sorry, I don't remember the
others.

Apps do not update because they do not need to update.
If Apps updated automatically they could possible stop functioning
because of a variety of reasons. Android literally could use Apps from
4.0 era. Which is a good thing. Updating does not mean
better. Do I want automatic updating? No. It screws up things in my
desktop and does the same with my phone.

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=666971487#666971487

FWIW mine update without asking.

--