Re: State Farm files patent for system to suppress calls and text while driving

Sujet : Re: State Farm files patent for system to suppress calls and text while driving
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 11. Jun 2024, 22:42:27
bad sector wrote on Mon, 10 Jun 2024 14:32:00 -0400 :

I myself almost ran some construction workers over BECAUSE I was on the
phone, that's a fact but there was no accident, no report and no
statistics. I know that because I am a defensive driver; defensive
driving isn't based on facts or on statisrucs or on increaeses in
accident rates, it's based on suspicion, paranoia and prejuducial
treatment of all road situations. I trust my instincts, over a million
miles without accidents, argue with THAT.

Anecdotes are not science.

Therefore I'm not even going to bother to tell you all the times I did NOT
get into an accident while I was using a cellphone while driving.

Anecdotes are NOT science; they're just stories.