Re: programming/scripting on an Android device - suggestions ?

Sujet : Re: programming/scripting on an Android device - suggestions ?
De : address (at) *nospam* is.invalid (R.Wieser)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 13. Jun 2024, 10:48:14
Anne,

You can use one of these, installed on Android:
*  TermOne Plus
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.termoneplus>
*  Termux
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.termux>

These give you a shell prompt in a terminal emulator window on Android.
Like a Linux 'Terminal' window, or a Windows 'Command Prompt' window.

Thanks for the links.

The commands available to you are whatever is already provided by your
Android device.

:-)  And how do I know what my android device provides ?   Its not like
we're in a cyberpunk world where I would just grab the knowledge chip that
came with the phone and plug it into the socket in my neck.

IOW, I'm a noobie.  Do you know of a(ny) website carrying that kind of info
(and preferrably some examples and perhaps even tutorials too) ?

Other command-line utilities in Android's /system/bin are not APKs.

A question though : where would I find the above folder ?  I've got a
file browser, but it doesn't show any such folder.

I expect your file browser also does not show the folders where your
APK apps are installed to.  For example,
*  Where Firefox is installed:    /data/app/org.mozilla.firefox/
*  Where MS Edge is installed:    /data/app/com.microsoft.emmx/

True.  I just checked and the best I can find in that direction is an
"/Android" folder with the subfolders "data", "media" and "obb"  (I still
have to check what those are ment for).

Some ways to *find* the folder /system/bin

Thanks for those instructions.  I saved your message for future reference.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser