Re: T-Mobile users thought they had a lifetime price lock

Sujet : Re: T-Mobile users thought they had a lifetime price lock
De : singularity (at) *nospam* blackhole.org (Alan Browne)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone comp.mobile.android
Date : 13. Jun 2024, 23:39:13
On 2024-06-13 16:51, Your Name wrote:
On 2024-06-13 02:40, Mickey D wrote:

nately, the promise wasn't as simple as T-Mobile claimed it to be in
that press release. T-Mobile also published an FAQ that answered the
question, "What happens if you do raise the price of my T-Mobile One
service?" It explained that the only guarantee is T-Mobile will pay your
final month's bill if the price goes up and you decide to cancel.

Marketing: There is no limit.
     Legal: Some limitations apply.
 "Expiring" minutes/texts/data is a ludicrous scheme that should have been banned long ago. Most gift cards now no longer have expiry dates (at least here in New Zealand) because people complained, and yet
It is illegal to have expiring gift cards here (Quebec) as the company has liability bucks on its books.

telecoms companies are still getting away with the same money-grubbing scam. Back in ye olde days of a landline phone, you paid for your calls per minute, yet mobile phones suddenly had this "expiring" scheme that everbody stupidly accepts as "normal".  :-\
The government may well inflate away its deficits - and damn your savings and investments.

You should simply pay for what you actually use, like any other utility (electricity, water, petrol, etc.). The man from the petrol station does not come around at the end of the month to siphon out any remaining petrol left in your car's tank without any refund.
OTOH, we tend to pay for things like cell phone service as an "all in" for the month.  So use it or lose it.
My taxes include 175m^3 per year, after that it's so many $ / m^3.  So the people who use less than that are in effect subsidizing those with pools or large families.
I've often wished that I could purchase my gasoline in the form of futures or call options.  (Now I use so little gasoline it doesn't matter).
--
"It would be a measureless disaster if Russian barbarism overlaid
  the culture and independence of the ancient States of Europe."